Do you have one or several missing teeth? Dental Implants might be a solution for you!
Implants are safe, cost-effective options for replacing missing teeth
A Dental Implant replaces the tooth root and builds a stable foundation for a crown, bridge or replacement solutions for a toothless jaw. Once inserted into position, it looks, feels, and functions like a natural tooth. This small post measuring only a few millimeters long is firmly anchored and integrated into the jawbone.
Most patients with missing teeth are good candidates for dental implants. A consultation with one of our surgeons will help us determine your needs while giving you the proper information to make an informed decision.
Dr. Daniel was the first surgeon to introduce “Dynamic Surgical Guidance” by Navigate Surgical in Atlantic Canada in 2018. This technology is free-hand guided surgery with real-time motion tracking of the clinician’s handpiece and patient position. All based on one pre-operative CBCT scan that enhances the long-term success of implant-supported restorations.
Phase 3: Temporary and final restoration
- Diagnosis may vary as each case is different, but a temporary crown or bridge can be placed on top of the implant right after surgery or after the implant has healed to the jawbone. Your local dentist will do this step.
***Be advised, the costs of the crown or bridge will be separate than the actual implant placed by the surgeon.
- For the implant to heal to the jawbone (also a process called ‘’osseointegration’’) it can take between a few weeks and up to 6 months.
- While this is taking place, a dental lab designs and manufactures your final tooth, which is then attached directly onto the implant with a small screw or directly attached to the abutment.
What are the benefits of Dental Implants?
Benefits of dental implants range from:
- A natural looking smile
- Renewed confidence and ability to live normally
- Normal eating and speaking
- Stable and comfortable fit
- A long lasting permanent solution
- Neighboring teeth stay intact and are not drilled down