Protecting the privacy of your health information
We understand that health information about you is personal and must be protected.
For these reason, we will:
- Provide the highest level of confidentiality around the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal health information;
- Collect only necessary information and use that information solely for the care and treatment you are seeking;
- Disclose only information necessary for the delivery and management of your care to those involved in that care. This could include a laboratory, another health care provider, or your insurance plan;
- Ask your permission before disclosing any of your information for purposes not related directly to your care and treatment, unless otherwise authorized by law;
- recognize your right of access to your health information when you request it and provide copies for a minimal fee; and
- Be available to respond to your questions or concerns about the way we handle the privacy of your personal health information
Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please bring them to the attention of the privacy officer. Should you wish to make a formal complaint regarding our privacy practices, please do so in writing to our privacy officer, Laurie Brenton – Office Administrator. We will be pleased to assist you.